Sunday, August 16, 2009

5 weeks of love!

Wow, how time flies! Gracie is 5 weeks old already and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful baby. She is just starting to smile a little bit, and boy when she does it just melts our hearts. She is getting to be so much more alert, hopefully the pictures below show how wide her eyes are getting.
This is going to be a big week for Gracie, she is going to be a flower girl at her Godmothers wedding on Saturday and then she is going to be baptized on Sunday!!!! Oh my gosh her baptismal gown is so precious! She is going to wear the same one for the wedding and the baptism and she just looks like a doll. No worries, there will be plenty of pictures next week.
Momma is not having good luck trying to find a dress for the wedding. I am the maid of honor and still do not have a dress and the wedding is in a week!!! My body is just a weird size after giving birth and trying to fit into dresses is really hard!!! Not to mention the fact that I can't just go shopping for a day looking for one, I have this little baby that likes to eat every two hours, and who is hard to fit her stroller in the changing room with me....So, I go to the Internet and order dresses, try them on, get depressed, then send them back!!! I'm getting extremely frustrated, but know that hopefully I will find something.

Our house is almost all unpacked and feeling more and more like home. I can't tell you how nice it is to be close to my sister and her family. Marina likes to go to errands with me to help with the baby which is a total blessing. Zach comes down to help move heavy boxes, and just having somewhere to go hangout is so nice.

Aimee also gave us a chance to go out on a date for the first time since she was born! I just saved some breastmilk so she could feed and gave her to my sister for a couple hours and Stephen and I had a very romantic dinner downtown, something that was sooooo needed. It was nice to feel like a wife again rather than just a milking mother!! I look forward to more dates to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment