Monday, July 20, 2009







Just wanted to show some family shots of us and our little one. It has been a great time with her and our new family unit, but today her daddy had to go back to work... very hard for mommy to deal with!! Thankfully my mom is driving right now to spend the week with us as I write this. It is a perfect situation, she stays with me during the day, and when Stephen gets home she'll leave soon after so we can have our family time. My mother is the best mom ever!!!!! Just have to give her a shout out!!!!
Another shout out goes to all the wonderful people who have be
en bringing us meals... we are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and church family to help us out.

Being first time parents we are overly worrisome over everything...
Traumatic moments that happened in the last couple of days... (for us, not Gracie) is I opened her pajamas once only to find all this blood on her stomach!!! Then to see it was only her
umbilical cord that fell off.... but the sight of blood freaked me out!!! When giving her a bath, we noticed a lot of puss and didn't know if she had an infection... so we called everyone under the sun, then finally our doctor on a Saturday, only to find out it was totally normal... whew.... She also sleeps so much, and there is so much out there on how much a baby should sleep, should you wake her up to feed her, should you let her sleep? How much is too much?
Call to the doctor again, and she is fine! We just love her so much, we are totally afraid of anything happening to our baby girl.
On a funnier note, I am not the best at always bringing the diaper bag with me... just not used to it yet. I went to a friends house and everyone was playing musical baby, passing her around, and poor Brook Grube was picked by Gracie to be the first one to hold her when she peed through her cloths!!! All the sudden she looked at me, and then looked at her hand, only to find urine dripping to the ground! Since I didn't have anything, we lined the car seat with plastic bags and took her home. The funniest part is I swear Gracie knew what happened, she had this wide eyed look on her the whole way home as if to say "oh my gosh I am sooo embarrassed" it was soooo cute!!! She has a habit of peeing on Stephen too... she just loves her mama too much to do it to me yet I guess:)
Below are some pictures of family, Marina, Isaac and Zach Newberry, her only cousins, are absolutely in love with her, the funniest is Zach, this 16 year old football player, who tries to be this macho guy, was so excited to see her, and mad at his mom for not bringing him to the hospital when I had her!! Gracie and I both met Stephen's grandparents for the first time. They came all the way from Oregon to see their new gre
at-grand baby and new grand-daughter in law...


1 comment:

  1. Gracie is SO blessed to have such wonderful, protective parents. You are not over-paranoid, you are totally normal first time parents. What an awesome job you are doing! I'm glad your Mom is there to help. I can't wait to meet little Gracie next month!

    ReplyDelete